Pages

05 October, 2012

My Creative Space

Lots of making going on around here lately.  Not much posting!   I decided to join in this week's My Creative Space after reading a very inspiring post from Kate over at Fox's Lane.  Here's to getting more involved!

I have been lugging this chair from house to house for approx ten years, with the vague intention of re-upholstering it.  Anyway, I finally got around to doing a night class.  A bit of extra padding, lots of stapling (and just as much pulling staples out) and here is the result.  I should really have taken a better 'before' shot... this photo was taken after I had stripped off the first lot of faded green check.  I came across this amazing Trelise Cooper fabric discounted because it was the end of a roll. (Just as well ... it required 3 and a half metres of fabric due to the large pattern repeat and the original price almost took my breath away).    It's a bit hard to tell from the photo, but the light blue pattern is a kind of velour. Very luxurious!  Now I'm itching to make a start on the next chair in the garage.

1 comment:

  1. It's so lovely to see you here. The chair looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete